5.08.2007

New Fire

After a much deserved nap yesterday - I think my first nap in 25 years - I am back in life with a new fire in my belly. I just need to learn to pace a lot better and keep the old Catholic guilt in check when I am slightly inactive.

In the meantime, do you know who Domo-Kun is?
I ran into my buddy about 7 years ago while shopping in the Akihabara ("Electric Town") neighborhood of Tokyo, Japan. I could go into a long story about what I thought he was but in short I just thought he looked slick and he made a great sound as well. It turns out he is the official mascot of Japan's NHK television station and appears in a bunch of stop-motion sketches used as station id's. Basically, if you have kids or any interest in sqaure brown creatures, you should check out his full bio at the official site of Domo-Kun and friends for more information.

In addition, to buy some great things of his check out the Official Store as nothing says I love you or Happy Mothers Day better than a nice 15" Domo-Kun doll.

No comments: